Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Hi Rana

Glad to be of help

I know what you mean about shopping lists I need both pilots and fuel tanks for the 5 blue double ended locos and 4 dummy locos as well as a number of F7 A unit Locos, dummy A and B units with both Mk2 and Mk3 couplings and a couple of pilots for the double ended electric locos in my collection

Hi

Just received my 6th Class 90 electric locomotive it is a R270 90131 in Railfreight Distribution Grey Livery, sold as a non runner having checked it over there was nothing wrong with it only it was switched to pantograph not to track, both setting work ok as does the pantograph.

Another one joins the collection - R2710 Merchant Navy Class 35010 Blue Star - it will become 35003 Royal Mail. Both loco's were shedded at 72A Exmouth Junction in c.1961.

This was an Ebay purchase and described as "As new - Bankrupt Shop Stock" - it looks new and in a first class box but does have some "sun fading" on one end, which was mentioned in the ebay text. It was also an auction - so some very careful bidding - I have not taken part in an auction for sometime.

The is one more on Ebay that I have been watching for some months - the Buy it Now price is rather high - I'll keep watchingthinking_face

forum_image_6203e9ff5f2b1.thumb.png.40470ef5cff823609762e113f471cfd8.png

Have ordered the following:

Tri-ang R424 Buffet Car - BR - Maroon -

1 * Tri-ang R729A B.R Buffet Car 1825

1 * Tri-ang R59S Class 3MT 2-6-2T 82004 in BR green 

All need work, I am hoping to make one good maroon buffet car out of the two as the faults on one look OK on the other.

I started off in 1966 with Tri-ang blue/greys - CKD examples (as they were cheaper) of composite, brake 2nd and buffet as they were the modern livery to go with my class 31, 37 and 35 diesels. In recent years I have been buying maroon Tri-ang Mk1s and the restaurant car will help to make up a decent rake.

The 3MT is for spares - mine is from Dec 1969 and a non runner with a blown motor at the moment, so hopefully I can get my original up and running.

I've actually been 'very quiet' for some time, so had saved up for a little 'splurge'!!

Bachmann BR Green 'LMS diesel' 10000 (not .... another 450 psi locomotive but a Co-Co).

A Bachmann BR D11 4-4-0 - fairly reasonably priced from Clarks.

and ...

Balance of payment on a 'TPE coach set' no less - they're arriving, FINALLY! No. Bit of a strange one as they're not due for another 2-3 months. Paid now, so one less to conjure up funds for!

Al.

That’s a beautiful addition there Bulleidboy, I have been looking at one of these myself. Let us know how it runs.
Bet that last minute bidding got your blood pumping. joy

Actually it didn't - there will always be another along at some stage. This is now the third Blue Star in the collection - it was introduced by Hornby in 2008/9 - so it has been around for sometime. It does look as though it has never been out of its box.

forum_image_62040000308e3.thumb.png.4746619851e5f31514c4907ec9094404.png

My latest acquisition is a Bachmann class 121 bubble car. I have a Dapol class 121 but I found it wasn't a good runner. Had bought a MarksTrains soundscape u drive decoder for it 21pins. So I thought I'll buy a Bachmann one and put the decoder in that. Wrong, when it arrived it had a 22 pin decoder. So I bought a 22 pin MarksTrains soundscape decoder for it. After some help from Mark at MarksTrains both now run well. I did add extra contacts to the Dapol one which helps dramatically. The soundscape in the Dapol is of a busy mainline terminus and that in the Bachmann is a country scene. The sounds play through the units speaker. Impressive. Along with passengers talking. Doors closing, buzzers etc. Considering that they are both class 121 there are differences, e.g. the light. The Bachmann is 55025 and the Dapol is 55027

forum_image_6204064f08534.thumb.png.4e9211a69ee70d5e1dedddb85bc084c3.png

The order I made yesterday arrived today - so very quick, with the Tri-ang 3MT, Blue/Grey and Maroon buffets.

Overall happy with the "gamble" on these cheap items, but a couple of niggles. The non-runner 3MT was boxed as R59S but has had the smoke unit removed, but the motor does run, the main reason for getting it. The box and body is also very good, with the lining far better than on mine. It has a late emblem on one side only - mine has no emblems at all ?

The Blue/Grey is fine, but I bought it to make up a good maroon one and the maroon one has two of the same sides to it, an incorrect roof and no interior, but the sides are in excellent condition.

I should be able to make up a good maroon one albeit with one side incorrect, Can't complain at £15 for the pair.

A new Hornby J50 0 6 0 tank, and a Hornby Class Q6 Raven 0 8 0 tender loco (half price), they both perform admirably and pull like a ... well, like a train actually. Plus some more second hand Railroad tank wagon bargains from ebay. I do like Railroad tank wagons, colourful, rugged and at my whim can be instantly loaded or unloaded.

These are my latest purchases, bought from Hattons...

1 x R4915A Mk3 'Sliding door' TS second open 48112 in GWR green - Coach 'D'

2 x OR76MW7026 7-plank open wagon "Jas McKelvie, London"

1 x OR76SPWAG01 7 plank private owner wagons - pack of three

First items in quite some time. Covid seems to have had the opposite effect on me, the hobby has gone on the back burner while the pandemic has been raging away.

HK.

Visited my first swapmeet since 2019 yesterday at Bolton and got these three items which may not at first seem that exciting!

Top a cheap and damaged Tri-ang UD wagon, I needed the ladders so was happy with the freee coupling and two wheel sets!

Second a Hornby AcHo TEE fourgon/generator coach. Scale length unlike the Jouef ones I have so will improve the look of my rake of these coaches. The half-insulated axles and lighting for the red rear lights is present but the pick-ups missing so will sort that at some point.

Finally one I’d been after for a while. A model of the Dutch NS1200 in Berlin Blue. I already have one in Grey and yellow but haven’t seen one of these for a long time. It’s an old Lima model and has a few things wrong with it but runs well. It’ll probably be in a what’s on your workbench posting when I get time to sort it!

forum_image_620ab590f0fb3.thumb.png.5d578744b1289d9e6bc54a5e92e9fdf7.png