Wish List 2023

Hurricane Boy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New tool 1:72 Tornado GR.1 (Revell's nose shape is off), Tornado F.3 (all existing options are inaccurate to some degree), Jaguar GR.1 (again, existing options are inaccurate) would be nice to round off the RAF Cold War jets Airfix are so good at (all 3 V-Bombers, Phantom FG.1/FGR.2, Buccaneer S.2, Harrier GR.1/3, Sabre F.4, Swift FR.5, Lightning F.6 etc).

I agree that a Canberra would be good, but I think it should be able to be a bomber nosed B.2, Fighter Canopy B(I).6/8/PR.9, AND a tandem nosed B-57! Get some Vietnam options in there. If not, a rebox of the PR.9 and B(I).8 would be good. Rebox of the Nimrod would be good too!

With the 1:48 Buccaneer being Martel (and maybe Sea Eagle?) capable, I hope that can be scaled down so we can have a 1:72 Buccaneer with Martel missiles (12 Sqn and 208 Sqn) :) I also find myself wondering if an S.1 Buccaneer is a possibility?

And just to throw in my unrealistic options, I'd love a Rivet Joint, Globemaster, Voyager, or especially Poseidon (all RAF)! A USAF KC-135R from Mildenhall would be great too ;)

They all sound great. what scale would you go for 1/72 or 1/144? Personally I'd go for 1/144, even though I'm usually 1/72, on size and space grounds. If Airfix were to produce a basic C-135 airframe there would be an almost limitless amount of kits that could be produced by swapping out engines and other sprues. Also with the B.737 based airframes like Poseidon, you could do civil airliners, Wedgetails etc.

Good call PhantomBucca.

Ok, I'll have a swing, as yes, Airfix do pay attention to these posts!

Previously I've requested new tool 1/24 Spitfire (all you Spitfire haters can blame me grinning) and a new tool 1/72 Hawker Tempest, so thank you Airfix!

I agree, a new tool 1/72 HP Hampden would be great, to fill out the twin engined bombers.

I would also be great to see the following in 1/72 as new tool:

• B24 Liberator
  • Supermarine Walrus (1/48 just too big for many of us, need the space for what's coming below)
  • Arado ar 196 to go up against the Walrus

And in 1/350 and later on in 1/700

• HMS Queen Elizabeth/Prince of Wales
  • Type 26 Frigates (Lots of potential as these are being built by two other navies as well as the RN.

1/350 for the serious ship builders and 1/700 as the bread and butter model wink

B24 Liberator

This would be good, especially if they do USAAF and RAF boxings as they did with the B-17G. I’d like a 100 Group Liberator to go with my Fortress III, or an RAF Coastal Command or bomber variant 😀

B24 Liberator

This would be good, especially if they do USAAF and RAF boxings as they did with the B-17G. I’d like a 100 Group Liberator to go with my Fortress III, or an RAF Coastal Command or bomber variant 😀

This list of military operators from Wikipedia...

Australia

Canada

China

Czech

Germany (Luftwaffe)

India

Nicaragua

Netherlands

New Zealand

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Soviet Union

Turkey

United Kingdom

and of course the US

With so many military operators, surely with a carefully selected variant (D/J) there's a good potential target market there? wink

(Not to mention privateers...thinking_face)

Definitely concur with the 1/72 Liberator, and the Hampden. I'd add a new-tool Battle, Fulmar, and Lysander. Yes, I know Dora Wings have a Lizzie, but I think Airfix could pitch one more at the mass market, without crowding. What about a Westland Wessex in 1/48 and/or 1/72 (the helicopter, not the fighter)?

Re-work the Bloodhound missile in 1/72 (don't forget the Alsatian!)

In 1/35, an Alvis Stalwart amphibious lorry - plenty of variants to choose from, and maybe a 105mm Light Gun & Land Rover tractor. We will have to wait and see...

I agree with the 1/72 Hampden and Liberator choices (Coastal Command version included please). I would also like to see an Airfix Fairey Albacore in 1/72.

I also hope we see the 1/72 Bedford MWD/water carrier from the D-Day air assault/ Bomber resupply set released as a single kit too with army unit decals as an option too. The tooling is done and I would pick up several as softskins arr always useful (I suspect this would be an easy money maker).

Dreaming a bit, but an S or T class submarine in 1/72 scale would also be great too.

My 2023 wish list are all 1/72 aircraft.

Avro York

Hawker Siddeley Hunter

Gloster Javelin

Messerschmitt Bf 110

De Havilland Hornet

Junkers Ju 88

Handley Page Hampden

Please could we have a full complement of crew and the option of round wheels or weighted wheels.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Did I mention a 1/24 Defiant...and a 1/72 Manchester?
HMS Iron Duke Vintage Classics, too...

Hi Airport Ed

You did mention some of these items before. The 1/72nd Manchester is getting a fair amount of attention.... the Defiant in 1/24 is a bit of an outlier. The Iron Duke is new to the 2023 wish list and will undoubtedly spark some interest.

....on 15 Jan 2022 you wished for..

1/72 Avro Lincoln, Avro Manchester, H.P. Hampden, RAF V-Force ground crew figures

1/24 Defiant

1/600 HMS Queen Elizabeth / Prince of Wales

• 1 month later...

New tool Churchill tank in 1/72

Make the mould so that components can be added for earlier/ later gun and A.V.R.E. versions.

Later on, Airfix could then use this as a basis for future releases of "Hoberts Funnies", such as a bridging tank, the Crocodile or the Crab.

Looking online today it's definitely worth mentioning again that many of the older kits need re-issueing as vintage classics. The Airfix Bloodhound missile set, and f1-11 kits from any manufacturer, are for sale at too expensive prices, and that's just two that I've noticed in a few minutes. Older models that are being sold over the odds need a new lease of life to stop people being ripped off. I'm sure there are still many vintage Airfix kits that would sell.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's probably too late for 2023 now but I was wondering recently if Airfix had ever considered producing a detailed kit of a WW2 Japanese twin engined bomber. There are a few to choose from and finding a decent kit of any of them at a reasonable price is fairly unusual. I think it's an area that has been surprisingly neglected.