TT120 Club renewal.

Lyndon68

15% off would make it a no brainer for me, but just the hobby points alone, is unlikely to sway me into renewing as I have no idea what and when is likely to arrive in the course of the year.

Mine will expire January '24, so will review what the benefits are then.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll own up to maybe being one of the "freeloaders" in as much as I joined to get the initial discount and get hold of a set to see what it was like. I like to have examples in my collection of various scales and themes.

I like what I've seen very much and I think the scale certainly has a future, I'd like to support things it's just that for me it's a minor interest compared to my European N gauge, and at the moment there's nothing further I really want to add until such time as a small steamer comes out. I do have a Schenker 66 on pre-order so it can sit between N, HO, OO, and G versions!

I don't have room to build and store a TT layout at the moment, much as I'd love to get cracking on one grinning Son and I get moaned at for filling the house with model railways anyway!

I'm not really bothered about the club magazine to be honest, like other railway modelling mags it gets read once then put aside.

So I expect I'll let the club subscription expire next week. I'll still read this forum of course and maybe buy bits and pieces as and when something takes my fancy.

I wouldn’t feel obliged to purchase membership unless it has worthwhile benefits, ie discount/enhanced reward points. The magazine is ok but I wouldn’t buy it, there haven’t been the promised exclusives etc. As the membership was free, that’s fine, but I wouldn’t pay to still not get what was initially offered.

I think when buying TT:120 models from Hornby, that shows my support sufficiently 😁

Another "freeloader" here. Membership runs out in a day or two.

I was instantly attracted to the idea of TT120 as a hedge against the advancing years and not really wanting to jump straight to OO from N.

So I've lurked around the edges, I'm going to jump big time into TT120 BUT only when I can buy an EMU/DMU as I've zero interest in steam. Loco hauled mark 1s is as near as I could get at the moment. C'mon Hornby, there's loads of modellers like me with tons of money in our pockets.

Not renewing until there's a sniff of a CEP/VEP/CIG etc. in the air.

Alec.

Mea Culpa 🤣. I’ve been involved in buying track and points and sorting out fishplates and watching videos and sorting out little buildings and trying to get my head around Z21 and iTrain and point motors and redesigning my track layout and… Well you get the picture. 😀👌

Just spoken to their helpline, I was advised that renewal emails are going out in the next few days and to hold on until I get that.

I've Just sent an email to Hornby to ask about renewing, as I can no longer log into the members area!

Pity they could not email prior to the renewal date! I will await a few days and see what they say when they eventually get in touch.