Rules Of Your Railway

I've seen comments about folk only wanting to model in certain eras etc so I wondered what rules you have for your railway and do you stick to them?

My Rules :

Era 3 LMS only

No Modern Day Liveries

Only 1 of Each Class (have Blink Bonny & Flying Scotsman, HST in era 7 & 8, Both Class 50's on order)

Only Classes that have either been used in the local area or are currently used in the local area.

No More than 2 of Each Class.

Only LMS & LNER for steam loco's, no BR era 4 or 5.

Only modern passenger liveries that stop at the local station or freight that can be seen passing through.

I have very strict rules, the correct number of rivets must be in place on any item of stock, a photographic record of the item being seen in place in NER on 15th June 1965…. Then I awoke from that nightmare 😂

A general time period of mid-late 60’s as steam was being phased out a diesels coming in. That means I don’t just go out and buy everything and I found it helpful for just creating the setting. The influx of German diesel power as a complete fantasy, partly because I wanted to test layout and the Hornby range was still months away and I like them 😁. The story goes as many of the early BR diesels were flops they went abroad; it’s actually a reversal of the Hawker Siddeley Kestrel story, what a stunner that was. 
Who knows, maybe things will change at High Fell? 😉

• Like 1

Trying to limit the TT:120 collection to British steam as I already have European steam and modern image in N and American garden stuff, so want to do something different and closer to home 🙂    That said, I do have a TT:120  Arnold Köf shunter 🙂   No rush though, I don't see me embarking on a TT layout until next year. 

• Like 1

No Rules for me -I just like running these great scale little loco’s around and the fun of modelling/creating my own little world - BUT I am leaning towards Era 7/8 as ties in with my younger teenage years - love my little blue 08 and HST swift, Class 50 on order so may have to move on my Flying Scotsman and William Whitelaw to make space for more in future 😉

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

Also, how intricate and delicate would one of those be in our scale?

Even the OO version looks quite fragile. I think you’ll be ok with your rule for a few years yet!

• Like 1

Mid 1980's is the look I'm aiming at, so era's 7 and 8 with some era 6 stuff hanging around.

Also including a heritage line so I can run the older locos, but will only get ones that look significantly different. I don't want a fleet of green A1/A3's or MK1 coaches.

Finally, the loco must accept a Bluetooth sound speaker!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

Even the OO version looks quite fragile. I think you’ll be ok with your rule for a few years yet!

When I saw it I thought it was the TT version and not the OO as it was on top of the TT display case.

23 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Mid 1980's is the look I'm aiming at, so era's 7 and 8 with some era 6 stuff hanging around.

Also including a heritage line so I can run the older locos, but will only get ones that look significantly different. I don't want a fleet of green A1/A3's or MK1 coaches.

Finally, the loco must accept a Bluetooth sound speaker!

I do like the era 8 BR livery, I got the BR blue HST as it was the one I always wanted as a kid.

• Like 1