Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Taken delivery of Hornbys new class 50 in NSE livery R3471 today. It arrived on Monday at the inlaws and had to wait 5 days to see it, I just love it. It was a long time coming, nearly 12 months on pre order, but in the stable now!. Great addition to my modern Diesel Loco collection, bring on more, Confess I will have to defect to get one of those class 68's. 

Taken delivery of Hornbys new class 50 in NSE livery R3471 today. It arrived on Monday at the inlaws and had to wait 5 days to see it, I just love it. It was a long time coming, nearly 12 months on pre order, but in the stable now!. Great addition to my modern Diesel Loco collection, bring on more, Confess I will have to defect to get one of those class 68's. 

I as an earlyish Christmas present treat myself to a couple of DJR 3D printed North Eastern Snowplough, at the Newcastle Model Railway Exhibition last weekend [12-13/11]. They come complete with all the necessary parts including wheels plus NEM bracket and coupling. Each kit even comes with panels complete with lettering for: the original North Eastern livery a sort of brick red colour, Oxford blue for LNER livery or British Railways black. Ok you'll have to paint the plough in your chosen livery, as the bodies come in a white resin. Which can be a bit fragile, though easily glued back together using [sparingly] superglue.

DJR is a small one man band recently set up producing "specialities" like lathes and other large machines for use in model factories They are producing also a couple of locos too.......

I have bought a couple of Railroad maroon mark 1s for my Grandson's christmas present to go with his Duke of Gloucester. I also received three Hornby SR cattle wagons which are very good models indeed. The livestock train now has a very interesting variety of rolling stock, with SR, GW/BR,  LMS and LNER cattle wagons, and a 'Beetle' special cattle van and horse boxes of GW, BR and LMS design.

This was in a lot of Triang/Hornby items I purchased off a very good friend of mine.  I still have my eye on the Lord of the Isles set he has, but this was the first thing I purchased from him.  It will run around the tree this Christmas!  I posted this to Twitter, and sent it to Hornby as well.

The set is gorgeous!  I only had to put new brushes in it, but the motor was super clean, all track was there, and two accessory bags were in the set, still sealed: one with the loco cab crew and the other having the track power clip and uncoupler!  Simply a gorgeous little set!

@hornby Getting a classic ready for the Christmas run! pic.twitter.com/fuLHQTAtAl

— Ed Marra (@raveoned) December 3, 2016

Just taken delivery of a ROCO HOe starter set with a nice 0-6-0 outside framed tank loco and a couple of bolster wagons with a log load. All for around £90 including p&p - quite a reduction on this sort of thing!

I've also managed to order a Railroad County of Devon 4-4-0 for around £60 including p&p but am still awaiting delivery.

Also got SWMBO an R2941 LBSC 0-4-0 as a bit of fun for Christmas.

The new Osprey (there have been relatively little LNER green A4's offered in 00) and A1 Woolwinder both of course in the gloss "railway museum" gloss finish. I didn't want to purchase the complete Gresley set of four engines at more than £500. This having been said, These productions of identical renamed engines (in model form)  is becoming frankly boring, which rather contradicts my decision to purchase two of these.

Hi all

The odd pair of coaches out of the Hornby 70's?? railway children set

Have to find a suitable chimney for the old gentleman's coach.

Anyone happen to know the Triang R number for the Davy Crockett coach interior as this should be a direct fit into the old gentleman's coach.

I will need to try and find one

regards John

An unboxed maroon Tri-ang MK 1 Brake second for £6.95. After having got it home I realised 3 of the axles have spoked metal wheels so I had to buy 10 Hornby axles for £13.50 - so not as cheap as it originally seemed, but I can use the other axles on another coach and the wagon wheels on a wagon, so OK really.

. .

... Also got SWMBO an R2941 LBSC 0-4-0 as a bit of fun for Christmas.

You must let us know how that goes down!

Her Great Grandfather worked on the LB&SCR eventually rising to the rank of Station Master so it might go down well. However, I've bought a backup present just in case!

An unboxed maroon Tri-ang MK 1 Brake second for £6.95. After having got it home I realised 3 of the axles have spoked metal wheels so I had to buy 10 Hornby axles for £13.50 - so not as cheap as it originally seemed, but I can use the other axles on another coach and the wagon wheels on a wagon, so OK really.

. .

I've been after a maroon one of these for years, will have to resume my ebay hunt!