What do you want as kits in 2019?

Ratch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI all

I dont know if the people at Airfix take any notice of these pages.

I would love to see some more 1:48 AFVs and soft skins like a

WW1 mk5 male a female 

Whippet

Chruchill tank 

M3A1 Halftrack

Bedford QL,

AEC Matador

bofors gun & tractor

a Chipmonk in 1:48 would be great 

I will not hold my breath for and new afvs as i was told that as the fisrt few 1:48 afvs did not sell well which i can see as i think they pic the worng subjects they were great kits but i wouldnt buy more than one of each so let me know what you think 

Airfix's strength is that it does classic British aircraft other makers don't or wont.

As far as I'm concerned the obvious new kits are what you see in any British air museum.

Canberra

Sea venomvenom

Single seat vampire

Hunter

Meteor

My absolute favourite the sea vixen.

Also what about some classic helicopters like the wessex?

I still desperately need a Wasp (XT788/424 HMS Minerva, photographed alongside HMS Eagle in about 1969) in 1/72 and a HAS2 or HAS5 Sea King. Otherwise 1/72 Cold War Jets and a Carrier (Ark Royal or Eagle with Buccaneers, Sea Vixens, Gannets and Wessex' or the Ark with Phantoms) in 1/600.

But mostly I am looking for 1944 vehicles for Gaming.

First post, G'day all. ☺️ 

I'll second a Canberra in 1:72. If there was a B2 option it would be easy for Aussie subject modellers to produce it as a B20. I'd also like to see a sprue added to the 1:72 Beaufighter kit for the Sperrey autopilot lump the Aussie Beau's wore.  Same era, a Beaufort?  Other than that I would definitely buy a Sea Venom, Hunter,, meteor, TSR,and Vulcan if they were in 1:72. The last two are near impossible to find. 

Would anyone be interested in the flying bedstead/ early Harrier prototypes? 

I'll second a Canberra in 1:72. If there was a B2 option it would be easy for Aussie subject modellers to produce it as a B20. I'd also like to see a sprue added to the 1:72 Beaufighter kit for the Sperrey autopilot lump the Aussie Beau's wore.  Same era, a Beaufort?  Other than that I would definitely buy a Sea Venom, Hunter,, meteor, TSR,and Vulcan if they were in 1:72. The last two are near impossible to find. 

If you can find the "Stratos 4" Anime boxing of the TSR2, it can be built as any of the 3 surviving prototypes straight from the box (including decals).

I'd love a "flying bedstead", and Airfix have (or had) a P1127/Kestrel tool.

Could we possibly start with a super detail 1:300 HMS Dreadnought (1906/1914) with simultaneous 1:600 and 1:1200 units. Then perhaps the next year? A 1916 WW1 1:300 HMS Queen Elizabeth or Warspite with Simultaneous 1:600 and 1:1200 models with the promise that the variant kits and box  to make WW2 HMS Queen Elizabeth/Warspite will follow the next year and perhaps 2 years after HMS Barham/HMS Valiant.

As Airfix currently are focusing on British aircraft I would suggest that those in the process  of rebuilt.

Barracuda - could get away with two sets Dive bommber and torpedo bomber. 

Hampton - work in conjunction with Cosford

Skua - FAA 

Beaufort 

Bristol fighter - ancient model 

If overseas aircraft are required again choose ones that are not aleady easily available (I ignore limited production models!)

Hawk 75 - has the potential for numerous different (and unusual) markings . Some of the Vichy French are especially very colourful and could be a dogfight set with a Hurricane for the Levant .

Fokker DXXI - again

Junkers 52 (must have something for the diehard third reich modellers) - although the decals could be for British Airway as per the Cosford example!

Polikarpov I-16 - has the potential for numerous different  markings . Dogfight set with set with a Hawk 75 , buffalo or gladiator.

Most of mine have already been listed, but still, if I had my choice. . .

1/72 Fairey Battle

1/72 Westland Lysander

1/72 Bristol Beaufort

1/72 Mitsubishi D3A Val

1/72 Lockheed P-38 Lightning

1/72 Douglas SBD Dauntless

1/72 Lockheed F-80C Shooting Star

1/72 Cessna O-1 Birddog

1/72 Cessna O-2 Superskymaster

Being selfish and wanting really nice kits for my Battle of Britain obsession, I'd like to see new tool Fairey Battle, Handley Page Hampden, Bristol Beaufighter MkI, plus a Junkers Ju88A-1 (A-5 at a pinch).

These are good suggestios but Ju88A-1 not A-5 and I'll add Havard Mk.1.