What do you want as kits in 2019?

Ratch

First post, G'day all. ☺️ 

I'll second a Canberra in 1:72. If there was a B2 option it would be easy for Aussie subject modellers to produce it as a B20. I'd also like to see a sprue added to the 1:72 Beaufighter kit for the Sperrey autopilot lump the Aussie Beau's wore.  Same era, a Beaufort?  Other than that I would definitely buy a Sea Venom, Hunter,, meteor, TSR,and Vulcan if they were in 1:72. The last two are near impossible to find. 

Would anyone be interested in the flying bedstead/ early Harrier prototypes? 

A Kestrel F(GA)1 oh yeah!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All classic kits long over due a re-release

The Marauder is being re-released this year. It may help if Airfix fans go out of their way to buy one or two of these. It may encourage them to re-introduce a few more seventies kits, some of them weren't too bad.

1/48 Buck definitely.

How about a set of 1/72 seated and masked WW2 and Post war pilots ?

Revell made a set (no longer available).

!/48 would be nice as well seeing as neither the FGR1 or Fury had one.

As an extra point - whats with Airfix pricing policy ? 1/72 mitchel - lots of plastic 25 quid - same with Fury and Phantom - good stuff and no hesitation to hand over the creditcard.

So forth coming Hunter - why 36 Quid ? No Engine - its not much bigger in 1/48 than a Mitchel in 1/72.

Going to think long and hard about this and my guess is the money will go on the UK Mitchel and FGR2, one thinks others will go the same way.

I was amused to see the Tiger 1 tank is still in the 2018 catalogue, I assume this is still the nineteen sixties version that has risen from the dead more times than Captain Scarlet ! I'm sure someone at  Airfix is keeping it going as a bet.

Seriously though, if this old warhorse can keep going why can't some of the others. I'd like to see the Scimitar tank kit finally updated from the prototype before the real thing finally retires from service after nearly fifty years! I've said before on the forum how disappointing it is that the main UK model manufacturer does not produce more British Army kits. Things don't seem to be changing unfortunately.

Sopwith Dolphin 1/72

FE2b 1/72

HMS Warrior (1860) any scale.... if in larger scale with a decent interior...

The Mary Rose would be nice... ina larger scale say 1/144 or 1/72 should include suitable crew.

Failing That:

Any WW1 or Pioneer Aircraft that hasn't been done to death in 1/72...

Any Iron clad warship of HRM Victoria's Navy, 1/350 might work well for a range...

😉

a change of 'tack' here

Jacques-Yves Cousteau's CALYPSO would be ever so cool  (pourquoi pas hein?) , a bit retro but avant-garde

What about an RNLI Tamar or Shannon? They did the Severn a few years back.  Or even the older ones, Mersey is it? I'm a sucker for anything with bright orange paint or the words rescue on it somewhere.  Well out of the box but if Airfix ever get into trucks can I have a collection of UK firetrucks please? Only asking as the only way I'll ever see an Australian fire truck is to scratch build one and I struggle with making the ones that come in boxes

Tell you what would be nice, a civilian twin in 1/48, maybe a Beech King air (ambitious?) or something smaller like a Piper Seneca. Maybe a Chipmunk or other trainer (Vampire?) in 1/48 or even 1/24 (ambitous again)............the military boys and girls will be thinking I am silly now but there are a few of us who like to build the civvie stuff as well as military

a change of 'tack' here

Jacques-Yves Cousteau's CALYPSO would be ever so cool  (pourquoi pas hein?) , a bit retro but avant-garde

What about an RNLI Tamar or Shannon? They did the Severn a few years back.  Or even the older ones, Mersey is it? I'm a sucker for anything with bright orange paint or the words rescue on it somewhere.  Well out of the box but if Airfix ever get into trucks can I have a collection of UK firetrucks please? Only asking as the only way I'll ever see an Australian fire truck is to scratch build one and I struggle with making the ones that come in boxes

I believe the Tamar was under consideration back in 2008, but obviously nothing has come of that 🤑

Hi Airfix,

speaking for WWII aircraft kits 1/72 fans from Czech republic, we wish following new tools items as:

1.) Avro Anson (which may be certainly much better than Anson from local Czech MPM or Special Hobby producer)

2.) Handley Page Hampded (which as we guess will be much better than Czech Valom or AZ Models kits) and which extend bomber range starting with A.W. Whitley and continuing by Wellington.

3.) Fairey Battle

4.) Westland Lysander

5.) Douglas Boston ( (which will be certainly much better than MPM or Special Hobby Boston)

6) Aichi D3A1 Val as follower of B5N2 Kate, A6M2 model 21 Reisen

Also some WWI aircraft will be welcomed as whole range original WWI Airfixes but in new tool version. And the same can be said for btw WWI and WWII silver wing era as Fairey Fury, Hawker Demon, Buldog, Siskin etc.

Anyway, all 1/72 oldtimer aircraft which will appear in 2019 will be perfect and that's why we wish you  successe with the selection of new tool candidates.

Your banzai

Beeing ex Fleet air arm and a maintainer on Buccaneer mk2 & wessex 5s I would love to see new kits of both   in 1/48.   800 & 845 sqdns perhaps ! !

Fleet air arm kits in general are a great insperation for myself. It takes some skill to land on a carrier going up and down as well as not staying in the same space, and at the speed.required  to catch the wires too.