New Forum - Rank & Badges

17 minutes ago, ntpntpntp said:

@96RAF  consider your above post "liked" - I'm not allowed to react to it right now 🙂 The sooner that limit is dropped, the better.

** as in removed, not dropped (lowered).   I can't even edit the post now to correct/clarify my meaning.   Another restriction that should be removed in my opinion.

Hello ModelerXYZ 

Upon further reflection, I should wish to add to my previous remarks.  Lest there be any confusion, I consider your remarks far more valuable than my contributions.  

The main issue with the points and ranking system is that it encourages these comparisons. 

Now I do understand that you made that comparison to draw attention to the matter.  At the very least, I do hope so.  Thanks for bringing this out into the open.

Bee

Bee, You got why I made the point in one. A system of ranking compares people in a way that we don't need to be compared. We both have things we can contribute to the forum, and that is the way it should be. We don't need to be ranked in accordance with number of posts. I know that my contributions have been useful as have yours. The idea of a forum is so that we can ask/answer questions, or provide interesting information, not that we can be ranked according to how much we respond to posts. I only respond or make posts that are relevant to my experience in the hobby.

XYZ

• Thanks 1

I bet that when the developers were first contracted to revamp the forum, they won the business based on a promise that they could introduce a system which would bring more discussion and interest to the forum and ultimately the wider Hornby business. When I step back and look and the past 24 hours on here, I feel someone saying, "told you", just look at these hit stats, LOL!

The real test will come this time next week, will there be as much interest then and you never know, posts might even be about Model Railways again and not badges and rankings :classic_wink::classic_smile:

Edited by gilbo2

Perfectly understandable that with any new change, approx half the audience feel disconcerted & gradually familiarise themselves… whilst the other half immediately start pulling everything apart to find out how it works! 😉

Still waiting to see if there are any other "collaborators" so I can collaborate with them. Still say it sounds very sinister. Definition of collabrator - "A collaborator is someone who helps an enemy who is occupying their country during a war"