2024 Range Announcement - 9am 2nd April

12 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

So I have been thinking and what’s was said in the Q&A do we expect a further release of items in October? It was suggested that the Announcement was focusing on items being available in the next six months.

Also noticed the video thumbnail says April Additions Revealed

I emailed Hornby to see if a printed copy of the catalogue would be made available or if I could obtain a copy and this is their reply. So unlikely printed ones will be with hornby mag.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the TT membership is digital only so we no longer have printed copies of the magazine. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Sharon Woodhall 
Customer Service Advisor

2 hours ago, Postman On The Rails said:

So I have been thinking and what’s was said in the Q&A do we expect a further release of items in October? It was suggested that the Announcement was focusing on items being available in the next six months.

I think there is a strong possibility that this is the case. By October/November, most of the April 2nd 2024 products should be arriving or about to arrive. They also will have worked through the majority of their existing preorders. These include the Duchesses, Class 50s, HSTs, HAAs, Mk 2fs, 21 Ton wagons, etc. 

That opens up early 2025, where we don't have much guidance for what we'll get. New Mk 1s and A4s are planned for the near future. The magazine references this. They may have fallen down on the priority list, but they're coming. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Irishmail said:

I emailed Hornby to see if a printed copy of the catalogue would be made available or if I could obtain a copy and this is their reply. So unlikely printed ones will be with hornby mag.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the TT membership is digital only so we no longer have printed copies of the magazine. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Sharon Woodhall 
Customer Service Advisor

I think they’ve misunderstood your question. I think they’re referring to the TT club magazine rather than the catalogue. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

I think there is a strong possibility that this is the case. By October/November, most of the April 2nd 2024 products should be arriving or about to arrive. They also will have worked through the majority of their existing preorders. These include the Duchesses, Class 50s, HSTs, HAAs, Mk 2fs, 21 Ton wagons, etc. 

That opens up early 2025, where we don't have much guidance for what we'll get. New Mk 1s and A4s are planned for the near future. The magazine references this. They may have fallen down on the priority list, but they're coming. 

Goodness me, the credits are still rolling from last announcement and we are back to speculation for 6months time 🤣 please let it stop it’s like being water boarded!
I think the big milestone for Hornby will be to do the sums on TT:120 now it’s their year end and prise the shareholders wallets open and release more resources. That will have a big impact on how many projects get signed off and what speed they move at.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

Goodness me, the credits are still rolling from last announcement and we are back to speculation for 6months time 🤣 please let it stop it’s like being water boarded!
I think the big milestone for Hornby will be to do the sums on TT:120 now it’s their year end and prise the shareholders wallets open and release more resources. That will have a big impact on how many projects get signed off and what speed they move at.

Sorry my fault reading in to what was said in the Q&A session 😜 

• Like 1

No major surprises but the catalogue does include a few track plans.

The Blue 08 is not included and so is clearly removed from the range. Have not done a side by side comparison but the future releases list the 9F and Castle, 31 & 37 and then have the others as “many more including…”. Gresley coaches and Collets listed too.

i guess that gives a clue to the next 12 months or so. @Rallymatt will be pleased!

38 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

No major surprises but the catalogue does include a few track plans.

The Blue 08 is not included and so is clearly removed from the range. Have not done a side by side comparison but the future releases list the 9F and Castle, 31 & 37 and then have the others as “many more including…”. Gresley coaches and Collets listed too.

i guess that gives a clue to the next 12 months or so. @Rallymatt will be pleased!

We can still speculate 😛 

20 hours ago, John-L said:

Just had an email that the Highland Croft building is in stock.  Seems like some of the new items are trickling in?

I can see all the buildings are now in stock and I can order.  I tried to order 5 buildings but at Checkout I am being charged postage which I thought was free for orders over £50, which mine is.  Querying with Customer Services.....

33 minutes ago, Simon-369848 said:

I can see all the buildings are now in stock and I can order.  I tried to order 5 buildings but at Checkout I am being charged postage which I thought was free for orders over £50, which mine is.  Querying with Customer Services.....

I ordered 3 yesterday and no P&P charge.

1 hour ago, Simon-369848 said:

Did you use any points toward them ? I know if you use points enough to drop it below the £50 you will have to pay postage.

KFA looks great in that render.  I guess those aren’t fitting into the six mont timeframe following delays?  The unexpected Hornby versi9n of those Arnold containers were perhaps a stop-gap because the Class 66 wouldn’t have any suitable wagons otherwise?

• Like 2

Liking the look of the container wagons but £47 a pop is hefty.   10 would be nudging £500.  It would be nice if Hornby did some multipacks to lessen the cost.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pete82 said:

It would be nice if Hornby did some multipacks to lessen the cost

Or split the container (brand image licence fees) from the wagon itself.

Wouldn't take much to DIY some containers

On 04/04/2024 at 22:23, John-L said:

KFA looks great in that render.  I guess those aren’t fitting into the six mont timeframe following delays?  The unexpected Hornby versi9n of those Arnold containers were perhaps a stop-gap because the Class 66 wouldn’t have any suitable wagons otherwise?

I’ve wondered elsewhere if these are intended to fill the TT6018-21 gap in the wagon range. As you say, with these unlikely to arrive until 2025, the 66s will have nothing else to play with.

21 minutes ago, Pete82 said:

Liking the look of the container wagons but £47 a pop is hefty.   10 would be nudging £500.  It would be nice if Hornby did some multipacks to lessen the cost.

A multipack would be a great idea. I’ve got two on order for now. I like @StuLarge‘s idea of separating the containers from the wagons too - I’ll probably want to get some spares if I decide to have a mini container terminal. 

• Like 1

The containers are a work of art in their own right, rated as the best available. Perhaps a range of well know UK brands would appealing, Tesco, Stobart etc. Arnold have done wagon packs in the past too. I hope we see more of the cross compatibility with TT:120 

• Like 3

On 06/04/2024 at 11:40, Rallymatt said:

The containers are a work of art in their own right, rated as the best available. Perhaps a range of well know UK brands would appealing, Tesco, Stobart etc. Arnold have done wagon packs in the past too. I hope we see more of the cross compatibility with TT:120 

A diecast Oxford container lorry carrying one of those Arnold containers would be another way to do it too, I’m sure there would be potential for sales to non-railway enthusiasts and it would give us a way to add infrastructure to our unloading scenes.

• Like 1