Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

What's your latest aquisition?

Here's my latest purchase, a Tri-ang-Hornby R.754 M7 in BR Black livery.

The box was tatty, crew were missing and the BR totem transfers on the tank sides were part missing as per normal.

The model is slowly being restored, a fresh box mint was found on ebay with incorrect labels (the one on the right) and I have crew and original totem transfers a plenty in stock, I will post stages of the restoration at intervals for all my friends on here to see as they take place.

Here's the loco pre-restoration but with nice new original 40+ BR Totem transfers put on the side tanks, a packet of the original transfers is posed by the loco for reference.

Hope all at Hornby like what I am doing to their old locos.

Enjoy!

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/thetriangman/media/DSCF0063_zps3ff63c6a.jpg.html

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/thetriangman/media/DSCF0064_zps634965e3.jpg.html

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/thetriangman/media/DSCF0065_zpse2948e27.jpg.html

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/thetriangman/media/DSCF0066_zps04c86aff.jpg.html

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/thetriangman/media/DSCF0067-3_zpsdfd86c7c.jpg.html

Rolling stock was R6474 Railroad LWB box van.Reasonably priced,ran well straight from the box,its plastic wheels didnt need fixing.

Loco was Railroad R3061 4-4-0 County of Bedford.Reasonably priced,Excellent level of detail,robust,ran very well straight

from the box.

See what Hornby can do when everything isnt sacrificed on the altar of super detail.

R3162X BR 2-BIL - DCC fitted

R3177 BR 2-BIL NRM - DCC Ready

R2515 Class 73 Pullman Livery "The Royal Alex" - DCC ready

Blue Box Class 205 Thumper - 2 car unit - DCC ready

Blue Box BR Class C Wainwright - DCC ready

Blue Box Class 411 CEP

- 4 Car unit - DCC ready

I think I've spent to much this month, nothing now due until May.

Actually I took delivery yesterday afternoon of five Gauge 'O' pullman cars 'Thanet Belle' complete with lights worked off the third rail. I am now waiting for warmer weather to run them on the garden railway behind either 34066, or 30907, both of which

I bought earlier this year. These are my first Southern models running on O gauge. I do love tinplate!

My latest aquisition in OO was a three car Tri-ang SR 3Sub, late roundel, nearly mint and boxed. (York toyfair, Sunday). That makes six (or is it

seven?) of these, although I am a bit light on centre cars.

The son of Triangman said:

What's your latest aquisition?

Hi, LC&DR, Yes I too would have been torn between the 2-BIL and the 3-SUB. Now that I have had a chance to run the 2-BIL on the layout I can confirm that it runs to perfection, can be made to creep even over three double slips in succession thanks to there

being pick-ups on both bogies of the motor-car. On starting away there is just the faintest purr from the 2-BIL that is so true to life! So I am absolutely delighted with it.

I don't regard the 2Bil as a high priority for me at present, it was not a regular type on the Eastern section, which is the main theme of my layout, so although I will eventually get one or two, I shall wait until I can pick one up cheap. I already have

three Kirk kits planned to become 2Hals with Branchline etched sides. If I can get some Hornby motor bogies for them so much the better.

I do also collect Tri-ang. This runs on a different (portable and loose laid) layout, and I decided that a mint

boxed 3Sub would be a good buy, they rarely come up for sale in that condition.

My garden railway is collection No.3, coarse scale O gauge following Bassett Lowke practice, three rail electric. I run both vintage and modern China made BR outline with

a mixed LT/LNE and SR theme, no real pretention of scale, just a huge round and round double track. A second 'Hornby Series' friendly line with flush level third rail is planned.

I have a small collection of OO heavy goods locomotives, because I like

goods wagons, and I need something beefy to pull them, I also have a few NCB and APCM industrial locos and scratch built rolling stock.

London Underground is another interest, but as few people make stuff for that I just have a unmotorised tube train,

and a pannier tank goods set. Now if there were more RTR underground stuff I could get seriously diverted. I do have the 1950s Ever Ready set which is what started my interest, crude as it was I loved it, but it has stopped working although I keep it for sentimental

reasons.

Lastly I have some Lone Star OOO diecast, push along, again another nostalgia thing.

the ferret said:

Hi, LC&DR, Yes I too would have been torn between the 2-BIL and the 3-SUB. Now that I have had a chance

to run the 2-BIL on the layout I can confirm that it runs to perfection, can be made to creep even over three double slips in succession thanks to there being pick-ups on both bogies of the motor-car. On starting away there is just the faintest purr from the

2-BIL that is so true to life! So I am absolutely delighted with it.

Budget Day today, so may have to make some cuts! I think there may have to be some easing of acquisitions. My collections, compared to some is small, about sixty odd loco's. With nine on pre-order, that will take it in excess of seventy - and as yet, still

nowhere to run them. Like many, I buy what I like, although BR/SR seems to dominate. I recently acquired a Blue Box 4CEP unit, just because the price was ridiculously low (Liverpool currently £69)- I paid less than that - but did I really need it? I think

it's going to be a frustrating year.

bulleidboy said:

Budget Day today, so may have to make some cuts! I think there may have to be some easing of acquisitions. My collections, compared to some is small, about sixty odd loco's. With nine on pre-order, that will take it in excess

of seventy - and as yet, still nowhere to run them. Like many, I buy what I like, although BR/SR seems to dominate. I recently acquired a Blue Box 4CEP unit, just because the price was ridiculously low (Liverpool currently £69)- I paid less than that - but

did I really need it? I think it's going to be a frustrating year.

I am tempted with that too at £69

Last thing was the Hornby L&Y pug and a blue boxed Ivatt class4 260 sometime last month. Am not buying much at the moment as I have the 42, 52 and 72XX on pre-order as well as the Star. As I am having to save my spending limit each month any delay in the

release date is somewhat beneficial!

evening all......

ok, could not resist the B17 61662 weathered on offer from the mag.......wanted to be able to compare it to the old model(s) but it aint DCC fitted so have yet to take it out of the box.........................might just have to buy

another one............just in case..........

Hi guys

BR ex SR push pull coach set and three Grimsby fish LWB steel open wagons

Must get a couple more to re chassis some train set toy wagons that could be made to look better with proper wagon chassis under them.

A US old time 060 tender

loco for a different project.

regards John