Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

To keep it Hornby I have a sapphire decoder on the way. Never tried it before (have tried many other different types/brands), quite interested in how it will perform. It's to go in its parcel mate, a certain manufacturers new Western class 52 release with

the 21 pin socket.

copper6field said:

Morning all.

My latest purchase is a Class 205 Hampshire unit which has followed my purchase, about a month ago, of the N.R.M. 2 Bil.

A very good purchase on both parts. I got them both recently, but

with hindsight, and having watched the Class 205 on YouTube, I should have gone for the version with sound.

Hornby Sandringham, Butler Henderson, some old GF LNER stock new in box (not actually prototypical but they have something about them), bits and pièces to upgrade older models (such as smoke box handles) and C....d slow point motors with polarity switching

that are the easiest to fit, well thought out and the cheapest. They are also reliable according to people I know who installed them a while ago. The forthcoming Hush-Hush in its more detailed version is high on my list (impressive machine and LNER....)

Just had to get the Scaledale City Dry Cleaners - it is so like a building I was trying to scratch build it will save me the difficulty (particularly as its on the far side of the layout with another house in front!

All I have to do is add a window,

a chimney, repaint the roof Change the shop type and possibly render the walls!

Postman Prat said:

Oh, yeah!! Bit like going to a model exhibition, saying that you're not going to buy anything, and then arriving home with the car full!!!

bulleidboy said:

Holland Afrika Line arrived this morning. No

more purchases until end of May.

The car is empty at the moment! Next purchase is R4538 BR Unconverted Open Second Coach - due out in May. Then, worryingly, the postman needs to be intercepted, almost on a monthly basis.

Went into my local model shop and saw they had super detailed Schools 'Blundells' on significant discount, nearly as cheap as the Railroad version. Ideal candidate for new name and number so I bought it.

At this rate I'll have all forty by 2015.

For

those who are interested the GW eight coupled tanks were in pride of place in the cabinet. Won't be buying them however as they never came on to the Southern and don't fit my collecting policies.

Hi LC&DR

You said recently that you collected Heavy Freight Engines - well, surely these were heavy??Sounds like discrimination to me. Seriously, I've lurking at the back of my mind that I read somewhere that they sometimes got south of Westbury,

which would mean next stop - Salisbury. Mind you, possibly could have been 72XX instead.

However, this is only vaguely in mind, no more than that.

I'm expecting to see your reply to "What is your latest purchase?" as just the Southern Region!!

Perhaps I should have qualified my original specifications as 'certain heavy freight engines' i.e. ones I like!

Postman Prat said:

Hi LC&DR

You said recently that you collected Heavy Freight Engines - well, surely these

were heavy??Sounds like discrimination to me. Seriously, I've lurking at the back of my mind that I read somewhere that they sometimes got south of Westbury, which would mean next stop - Salisbury. Mind you, possibly could have been 72XX instead.

However,

this is only vaguely in mind, no more than that.

I'm expecting to see your reply to "What is your latest purchase?" as just the Southern Region!!