Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Yes there are still some boxes to be had. However I did invest in a load of Triang Society repro boxes for rolling stock, well worth helping to keep my stuff from getting dirty again once I have taken the trouble to clean them up! The little cardboard

tubes to protect the couplings were harder to find, but the centres from rolls of cling film and cooking foil etc. cut into slices do service.

By the way there is another 'Triangman' doing the shows round the North East, well I am presuming he isn't

you. Were you aware? He gets a nice selection of collectables.

I'm very tempted by the Class 16 myself, a chunky little loco.

Vespa said:

Well i treated myself to a Baby Deltic and a class 16, just because I liked them and to get my interest back. (they are still in their boxes)

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/thetriangman/media/DSCN0271_zps635cdaf0.jpg.html?filters[user]=43692067&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/thetriangman/media/DSCN0272_zpsd60142bc.jpg.html?filters[user]=43692067&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

Here's

the loco, just got to top coat the other deflector and fit it's nameplate and then detail up the deflector handrails. The loco body is coming along nicely with just touching in and minor varnish issues to sort.

The loco chassis is a different proposition

and needs two new driving wheels which of course I have in my stocks.

The link didn't work for me I am afraid.

The son of Triangman said:

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/thetriangman/media/DSCN0271_zps635cdaf0.jpg.html?filters[user]=43692067&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/thetriangman/media/DSCN0272_zpsd60142bc.jpg.html?filters[user]=43692067&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

Here's

the loco, just got to top coat the other deflector and fit it's nameplate and then detail up the deflector handrails. The loco body is coming along nicely with just touching in and minor varnish issues to sort.

The loco chassis is a different proposition

and needs two new driving wheels which of course I have in my stocks.

According to the post office tracking system my blue box company pannier was delivered and signed for by GK at 12:45 yesterday, I even got an email to confirm this. However, despite being in all day and signing for another package I haven't got the pannier

and no one here has the initials GK!

This is also the second parcel to go missing, the first was around this time last month (a red Hornby LT pannier body), when I took the card to the local delivery office 24 hours later they had already given it to

another customer! Fortunately the seller sent me another.

As this is also the third package to go missing this year do people think this is odd (note I am lodging a complaint) but I am now worried about my pre-ordered star and other items.

The Postal service is getting worse since the government decided to privatise it. They have lost 4 of my customers parcels in the last six months. One parcel was returned to us as the customer was on holiday, they didn't put a card thorugh my door or my

customers but sent it back to my local post office. It sat there for a month before I went into the post office up the road and then the postmaster mentioned he was holding a returned parcek for me. Both myself and the customer were totally mystified as to

where it had gone.

All this adds to my preference to deal with the local shop rather than by mail order.

The son of Triangman said:

The Postal service is getting worse since the government decided to privatise it. They have lost 4 of my customers parcels

in the last six months. One parcel was returned to us as the customer was on holiday, they didn't put a card thorugh my door or my customers but sent it back to my local post office. It sat there for a month before I went into the post office up the road and

then the postmaster mentioned he was holding a returned parcek for me. Both myself and the customer were totally mystified as to where it had gone.

LC&DR said:

Yes there are still some boxes to be had. However I did invest in a load of Triang Society repro boxes for rolling stock, well worth helping to keep my stuff from getting dirty again once I have taken the trouble to clean them

up! The little cardboard tubes to protect the couplings were harder to find, but the centres from rolls of cling film and cooking foil etc. cut into slices do service.

By the way there is another 'Triangman' doing the shows round the North East, well

I am presuming he isn't you. Were you aware? He gets a nice selection of collectables.

No I meant I bought them NEW but never really did anything with them. I have had a look at them out of the box and put them away again. Both are very nice

models. Hornby Magazine states the 16 has no moulded drivers steps on the bogies but they are there just not pronounced enough.

Sorry Vespa, I realise your acquisitions were new. And very nice models they are too

In the above post about the boxes I was in fact replying to SoT.

Vespa said:

No I meant I bought them NEW but never really did anything with

them. I have had a look at them out of the box and put them away again. Both are very nice models. Hornby Magazine states the 16 has no moulded drivers steps on the bogies but they are there just not pronounced enough.

LC&DR said:

Sorry Vespa, I realise your acquisitions were new. And very nice models they are too

In the above post about the boxes I was in fact replying to SoT.

Vespa said:

No I meant I bought them NEW but never really

did anything with them. I have had a look at them out of the box and put them away again. Both are very nice models. Hornby Magazine states the 16 has no moulded drivers steps on the bogies but they are there just not pronounced enough.

Wasn't

quite sure.

cooped said:

To keep it Hornby I have a sapphire decoder on the way. Never tried it before (have tried many other different types/brands), quite interested in how it will perform. It's to go in its parcel mate, a certain manufacturers new

Western class 52 release with the 21 pin socket.