Hornby Advent Calendar

Alessio

You will never win if you don't enter. I have in the past won a "Queen Maude" Princess Royal on here and in other comps, several hundred £s on the Premium Bonds,a ceramic piggy bank that led to a holiday in Amsterdam and £1000 prize,a bike, several bottles of Whisky, cinema tickets and a concert ticket to see Stephan Grappelli (Not my kind of music so gave them away) and a Teddy Bear. (possibly other things in Tombolas etc) All very nice prizes

Hi Vespa

No wonder I never win anything - the prizes have all gone to you !!!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon if Hornby announced they were going to send a loco of choice as a gift to every member of the forum some miserable moaners would complain that for some reason or the other. This forum has once again turned into a doom and gloom moaning place. Come on you lot be thankful you can use the forum.

You will never win if you don't enter. I have in the past won a "Queen Maude" Princess Royal on here and in other comps, several hundred £s on the Premium Bonds,a ceramic piggy bank that led to a holiday in Amsterdam and £1000 prize,a bike, several bottles of Whisky, cinema tickets and a concert ticket to see Stephan Grappelli (Not my kind of music so gave them away) and a Teddy Bear. (possibly other things in Tombolas etc) All very nice prizes

Hi Vespa

No wonder I never win anything - the prizes have all gone to you !!!

I was just going to add the same myself  ;-)

Thanks PP

I reckon if Hornby announced they were going to send a loco of choice as a gift to every member of the forum some miserable moaners would complain that for some reason or the other. This forum has once again turned into a doom and gloom moaning place. Come on you lot be thankful you can use the forum.

Oh no it hasn't   LOL

Oh no it hasn't   ;o)

You're right WTD,

It's the 'wrong' version of Cock O The North...................ok, joking.

Actally you are right. The Two Ronnies, and Morcambe & Wise, would struggle to get a laugh from some people.

It's a funny world !!

I wouldn't mind if it was a tongue in cheek moan but this is serious stuff. What would happen if there was something really worth moaning about. The Samaritans would be overwhelmed.  

You're right WTD,

Actually you are right. The Two Ronnies, and Morcambe & Wise, would struggle to get a laugh from some people.

It's a funny world !!

Two great double acts, probably the best ever, both unique in their own way.

Ant and Dec are ok but, they make jokes from shows they host more than making funny jokes and hilarious sketches.

Sadly Eric is no longer with us, his leg was sawn off a couple of months ago.

The Council are hoping to have is statue back up before Christmas.

PJ

Regarding moaners, my wife worked for a company taken over by some Italian gents. On the first Christmas they gave every employee a hamper worth about £30-£40. Some of the miseries there refused them, as it was some kind of con according to them. We enjoyed ours and get a Pannetone every year at Christmas because we like them after getting one in that hamper.

Dont mind opinions but it's an Advent Calendar. Hornby do it for a bit of fun to promote the Christmas spirit. They'd get less stick if they hadn't bothered. The main problem seems to be that they've changed the format from previous versions. They're not allowed to make changes.

Talking of Christmas spirit I'll have a large one. 

Sadly Eric is no longer with us, his leg was sawn off a couple of months ago.

Was it? I never felt a thing! :-)

That's what drink does (you never felt a think)

Seriously, a guy hack sawed through Eric Morecambes leg to steel the bronze statue. Now there is just a square of security fencing round the base guarding 'nothing'!

It must have taken hours to cut through it, he must have laid flat and done it at night. Through the day, every day there are always people there taking pictures next to the statue.

He ended uplegless without a drink 2e0 and I guess he didn't feel it either 

PJ

As far as I can see it doesn't find anything on the forum in the top right search box. 

The right search appears to be just for products, maybe that's why it's next to the shopping basket. 

Thats right WTD

The right hand search box is for the website

The left hand search box is for the forum

So it appears Hornby have not included the advent calendar in the website search, probably because it is on the front page they don't feel they need to.  As you say it appears to be a product search box.

Every day we learn something new ;o)

Day 4 of the advent calendar:

Social media competition. Take a photo of yourself in a Christmas jumper and either Tweet or Facebook Hornby the photo. Best one wins £100 voucher for hornby.com. Ends on 08/12/2015. ;)

Hmmm, I live in tropical Far North Queensland, Australia. It's been 30+ deg. celsius for a few weeks now. Where would I get a Christmas jumper from? Not that I've ever won anything but I must agree with another forum member and ask what has this got to do with Hornby products?

Archived