2024 Catalogue

StuLarge

Just now, Rallymatt said:

The mystery catalogue number…. While I would love it to be an 9f , I mean just how amazing is this going to be in TT:120 but it could it be the J94 or GWR Pannier? 

Personally, I doubt it's a new locomotive tooling. Usually, the locomotive numbers have been clustered. For example, 3010, 3011, 3012 are all Duchesses. The same is true with the J50s (3024, 3025, 3026). I'm thinking the J94, Pannier, and 9F will all launch with multiple variants (for example, the J94 could be 3029, 3030, and 3031). This leaves three possibilities for TT3027:

1) It is a one-off locomotive re-livery of an HST, A1/A3, or A4.

2) It is an additional J50 that is being kept back for a surprise (it would follow in the sequence of already announced J50s- 3024, 3025, 3026, 3027).

3) It is part of a group of new 08s that include 3027, 3028, and possibly 3029. 

9 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

The mystery catalogue number…. While I would love it to be an 9f , I mean just how amazing is this going to be in TT:120 but it could it be the J94 or GWR Pannier? 

I’d say that’s unlikely as there would be multiple versions of such models

Edited by Moccasin

While in danger of over-analysing the catalogue further (me over-analysing? Surely not!?), it seems odd that they include upcoming sound profiles for the 31, 37 and 47 but not the 9F or Castle, even though the 9F and Castle are both implied to be arriving sooner than the 47.

Edited by Moccasin

One other mystery that has existed since October of 2022. What are TT6018, TT6019, TT6020, and TT6021? Are there secret wagons that have been slowly progressing through development? Maybe they've been cancelled. But the original TT announcement back October 2022 skipped those numbers. 

10 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

While in danger of over-analysing the catalogue further (me over-analysing? Surely not!?) , it seems odd that they include upcoming sound profiles for the 31, 37 and 47 but not the 9F or Castle, even though the 9F and Castle are both implied to be arriving sooner than the 47.

Over analyzing? Who would ever over analyze around here? 🤔😉🤣

I noticed that too. No steam at all on there. Here's one hypothesis. Because of the small-tank locomotives jumping the queue, the upcoming steam products don't need sound profiles. Why? Because the J92 and GWR Pannier (like the J50) are going to be using a 6-pin decoder socket. The 9F and Castle might slip in favor of the J92, Pannier, and possibly an LMS locomotive. This would run counter to my idea of 2025 being "the year of GWR" though. 

I have to say, 2025 is going to be much more exciting. We're really going to be going into uncharted waters. We know of 3 new tooling projects confirmed for 2025. These are the Class 37, Mk 2e, and the KFA Wagons. Beyond that, it's much more speculative.  

1 minute ago, Rallymatt said:

Ok it’s the APT …..  

Do you want me to go bankrupt or something? 

😆

Edited by Generic Hornby Username
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

One other mystery that has existed since October of 2022. What are TT6018, TT6019, TT6020, and TT6021? Are there secret wagons that have been slowly progressing through development? Maybe they've been cancelled. But the original TT announcement back October 2022 skipped those numbers.😆

Maybe they’re the KFAs. I wonder whether they were originally planned to be released with the 66, but slipped back so they brought in Arnold’s IFAs as a quick win.

Please be aware that the digital subscription version of Hornby Magazine does not include the catalogue. You’ll have to wait for Hornby to upload the PDF to their website. 

I actually intended to cancel my subscription but messed up. I prefer it to the other two main railway model magazines but still find I don’t read much of it. I might revert to buying individual issues if they have articles etc that interest me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moccasin said:

I actually intended to cancel my subscription but messed up. I prefer it to the other two main railway model magazines but still find I don’t read much of it. I might revert to buying individual issues if they have articles etc that interest me.

Same here. My Railway Modeller sub just ran out and I think for now I’ll buy as I go. It’s enjoyable looking through the mags in Smiths as well before I commit 😅

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, taunmarc88 said:

Same here. My Railway Modeller sub just ran out and I think for now I’ll buy as I go. It’s enjoyable looking through the mags in Smiths as well before I commit 😅

Same - I was surprised yesterday when I went to buy Hornby Magazine at the range they had. I'm more inclined to go and pick and choose than subscribing, even if it costs more per issue.

27 minutes ago, taunmarc88 said:

At least they’re not on the top shelf. I’m not sure which I am more self-conscious of browsing in the shop - Hornby Magazine or Attitude! 

I’ve not looked at Railway Modeller for years. I used to find it a bit staid. Never looked at BRM to my knowledge (other than as an annoying pop-up on RM Web).

3 hours ago, Moccasin said:

Please be aware that the digital subscription version of Hornby Magazine does not include the catalogue. You’ll have to wait for Hornby to upload the PDF to their website. 

I found that out last night got on the Apple App but asks you to log in when you got to view it

3 hours ago, Moccasin said:

At least they’re not on the top shelf. I’m not sure which I am more self-conscious of browsing in the shop - Hornby Magazine or Attitude! 

I’ve not looked at Railway Modeller for years. I used to find it a bit staid. Never looked at BRM to my knowledge (other than as an annoying pop-up on RM Web).

I definitely feel more conscious looking at model railway mags than at attitude but I’m old enough now to think I like what I like! 
I like the layout of modeller, all the ads are at the front and back so the middle is pure model railway stuff. But Hornby tends to have more TT features… of course Modeller is with Peco and I do feel that it is very TT positive as they will want the venture to succeed.

Edited by RDS
Unacceptable language removed

5 hours ago, Moccasin said:

You can access the digital copy of the catalogue via the links in this post but as pointed out you do need to be logged in... And it's a screen reader only version of the pdf (no download)

Not a pleasant reading experience via my phone!

Screenshot_20240406-132544.png

10 hours ago, Moccasin said:

You can find it on the key model world website if you subscribe that way?  https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/hornby-tt120-catalogue-2024

Just now, John-L said:

Yes that’s probably it, I guess none of the extras show up on the Apple app? 

They don’t seem to. Crafty …. people… not sure that’s made clear. Like I say though, I intend to cancel as I just don’t read it enough. I subscribe(d) to Rail magazine on my iPad too and don’t really read that much any more either. Becoming more of a FOMO issue I think!

1 hour ago, Moccasin said:

They don’t seem to. Crafty …. people… not sure that’s made clear. Like I say though, I intend to cancel as I just don’t read it enough. I subscribe(d) to Rail magazine on my iPad too and don’t really read that much any more either. Becoming more of a FOMO issue I think!

Try Readly instead.  It’s a much cheaper subscription and it includes several railway and model railway magazines.

• 2 weeks later...

Will this end up as a pdf on the hornby website?. Was in WHSmiths earlier and had a thumb through and thought about buying it just for the track plans but opted not to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete82 said:

Will this end up as a pdf on the hornby website?. Was in WHSmiths earlier and had a thumb through and thought about buying it just for the track plans but opted not to.

Would have though that they would have put it up by now,  Don't see why they could have not have made it available on the day of the announcement earlier this month, along with the Spring members magazine. 

Strangely, it shows on the homepage however when you click on it it just goes to the older version.  Come on Hornby, sort it out please.

image.thumb.png.cb6c9fd180d86eff9e54c8121ea2929a.png

51 minutes ago, Irishmail said:

Don't see why they could have not have made it available on the day of the announcement earlier this month

Hmm and maybe movies could be released to stream for free on the same day they’re released in the cinema… can’t think of any commercial reason why that could be a problem!

I would imagine that a pdf version will be made available after the next issue of Hornby Magazine is released (& catalogue issue is withdrawn) - to maximise sales of the catalogue!

Edited by LTSR_NSE