2024 Catalogue

StuLarge

1 hour ago, GMD said:

IMG_4697.jpeg.1ca9d7c30fd0e7391f54c2768811d103.jpeg

I think that's a quiet interesting way of describing it... I would have said add on modules. Roundy roundy for everyday fun, plug in a "pod" for some extra interest/ serious shunting, then put away again (because you don't have the space). Would be cool if each had a QR code that automatically added the necessary track pieces to your basket.

1 hour ago, PeterM67 said:

I took a diversion via my local WHSmith this evening to find they where still selling last months issue which annoyingly is marked as April so for a while I thought I'd been the victim of an RMWeb forum snatch squad hiding all the copies of the catalogue 😂 I may try again tomorrow.

Yes, Mrs TT reported the same in Tesco's 😄

1 hour ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

Surely they mean subscribe to Hornby magazine which the TT membership is not affiliated to?

Possibly, but I would have thought that a PDF catalogue on the website would help drive sales too 🤔

Edited by Too Tall

When I designed High Fell it was along that idea, loop to watch trains just run and a terminus with goods yard for more operational action. And then came the dock scene which could be more described as an ‘extension pod’ It’s too permanent to put anything away but I have the space (It’s appreciated) but the idea could be adapted to suit other locations. The oil terminal could make an idea ‘extension pod’ and make great use of stock that’s available too. Another crazy idea  could be to have alternative extension pods, so you could switch them to use different stock, have a different scene.  You would need ‘pod storage’ but that can be overcome 😁and pods would want to be practical to swap and move. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Another crazy idea  could be to have alternative extension pods, so you could switch them to use different stock, have a different scene.  You would need ‘pod storage’ but that can be overcome 😁and pods would want to be practical to swap and move. 

Not crazy, a great idea. I'd love a small goods yard, or an engine shed etc, but no space for both. So swapping to suit your mood would be a great benefit. 

46 minutes ago, StuLarge said:

Not crazy, a great idea. I'd love a small goods yard, or an engine shed etc, but no space for both. So swapping to suit your mood would be a great benefit. 

Totally agree with this. Takes the notion of modules to the next layer. Def be great as was also suggested to have a QR code to quickly order the indicated Pod. 

Just now, StuLarge said:

Good lord £10.99 (including the magazine) on eBay already. It's still in the shop for less get outside 🤦🏼‍♂️

Where’s the shocked reaction button when you need it?! Maybe I should start dealing! 

7 hours ago, david_watts1 said:

Is it just me who would have been happy to pay £4.99 for a high quality, heavy paper stock catalogue and left the magazine on the shelf🤔.

Likewise, but it looks like paper catalogues are reaching the end of the line so to speak.  Hopefully there is another ‘proper’ standalone official TT calendar at some point.  The Hornby magazine version is all well and good but it doesn’t help those of us that don’t subscribe or have a newsagents nearby.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, John-L said:

Likewise, but it looks like paper catalogues are reaching the end of the line so to speak.  Hopefully there is another ‘proper’ standalone official TT calendar at some point.  The Hornby magazine version is all well and good but it doesn’t help those of us that don’t subscribe or have a newsagents nearby.

We need an agree button. 🙂  Yes, if a printed catalogue was available I would have gladly paid for one if it was printed on good quality paper.  The PDF one is still not available.

• Like 1

As everything else in Hornby TT120 is of high quality, then it would be reasonable to expect the advertising medium to reflect that quality. I would definitely be willing to pay for a good, durable and well made catalogue that would stand the tests of time. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, david_watts1 said:

Is it just me who would have been happy to pay £4.99 for a high quality, heavy paper stock catalogue and left the magazine on the shelf🤔.

Not me, I'm afraid. for the number of pages a fiver is way too much, a couple of quid maybe! TBH although I noticed the thinner paper I think some of you are blowing it out of all proportion! It'll come as a PDF in due course, I suspect in a months time when the magazine launches it's next issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hobby1707822967 said:

Not me, I'm afraid. for the number of pages a fiver is way too much, a couple of quid maybe! TBH although I noticed the thinner paper I think some of you are blowing it out of all proportion! It'll come as a PDF in due course, I suspect in a months time when the magazine launches it's next issue.

I think we should be glad we’re getting anything printed at all. I imagine that this is Hornby trying out new things and testing demand.

What I would say is that seeing decent levels of demand for the magazine issue will likely keep alive the prospect of Hornby producing it in future. Lack of demand and there’ll be no chance of Key Publishing repeating the initiative, nor of Hornby doing their own. The phrase “use it or lose it” seems apt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baz657 said:

I'm a subscriber but I'm getting jealous as mine's not arrived yet.

I have subscription to Railway Modeller, and my April copy which was out three weeks ago has not been delivered.  (Usually get it within two weeks of publication date).  

I've seen some worry about the Mk 2e and the GBRF Class 50. I suspect that they want to focus attention on the products arriving in 2024. We've known for a while that those two were slipping into 2025, and this confirms it. I don't think this represents a cancellation. Instead, it seems more likely that they're waiting to include them once they're closer to release. Why sell a product that you can't take money for?

That's my guess. I could be wrong, but I won't get panicked until they take them off the website... 

Hmm, and I guess that the VEA wagons are the one previously announced wagon that has been cancelled. While it's sad to lose a wagon, the VEAs were kind of niche. They were designed for the MoD. If anyone was planning a layout with some sort of military presence, this represents a blow. But I suspect most other TT customers won't mind. Losing the VGA wagons or the conflats would have been far worse. I'm totally fine with this. 

55 minutes ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

Here's a question. What's TT3027M? 🤔

Another unreleased 08? Unlikely to be a separate model as a single number. Hard to see what other J50s could be released. 

• Like 1

J50 club special edition ?

Missus located the mag and catalogue for me today, bless her 😎

I wonder when the Castle's and 9F's are due?  The GWR castle is listed as era4, they really should check things before publication 😄

31 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

Another unreleased 08? Unlikely to be a separate model as a single number. Hard to see what other J50s could be released. 

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. It was clearly approved right before the green 08. A black 08 with the early BR crest would be appropriate. It would also fit alongside the Era 4 locomotives nicely. Of course, if it is an 08, there are many liveries to choose from!

You're right that there aren't many liveries the J50 wore. One they could do is the LNER Black with red lining. It's a pretty livery!