2024 Catalogue

StuLarge

Attached as promised to the latest Hornby Magazine, it has everything we know about, a nice page listing future items and the much requested track geometry diagram alongside some layout track plans 👍🏼

• Like 2

Aye, just got mine.

Interesting what's not in there - the blue 08 (presumably they're not making any more, with that running number at least). Neither are the BR blue Mk.2E coaches.

Good to see the Y-point is still listed in future releases.

Very thin paper mind - not as sturdy as the original. Handle with care!

Check your magazine though - the first one I picked up did not have the catalogue attached. Either it had fallen off somewhere or been pinched.

Hadn’t spotted the lack of blue/grey Mk2Es. Are they not in the future release section. I can understand in some ways though. Having 2f and 2e seems a diversion of effort 

the three sets are all staying in the range too. 

A catalogue should be a sturdy publication able to withstand many many hours of consultation over many years. I always thought 2 small check boxes should have been printed alongside the various models, one to indicate HAVE, one to indicate WOULD LIKE. Suitable to be completed in pencil and erased as appropriate (note: this feature would be non-functional for adult members of the family) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

A catalogue should be a sturdy publication able to withstand many many hours of consultation over many years. I always thought 2 small check boxes should have been printed alongside the various models, one to indicate HAVE, one to indicate WOULD LIKE. Suitable to be completed in pencil and erased as appropriate (note: this feature would be non-functional for adult members of the family) 

I remember having the Hornby catalogues in the late 70's and early 80's when they used to be issued with price list, I would often highlight items on the price list that I would like or want. Maybe if I was lucky I would get one or two items. 🙂 

Those of you that currently have the new catalogue,  Is it worth buying the Hornby mag to obtain one?   

Is it as good as the one originally issued 18 months ago and sent out to members?    Still cant get the PDF one yet,  shows HST on cover but when you click it goes to the original version.

Quality of the catalogue is disappointing, it’s same paper as the ‘Aldi special offers’ / ‘Farm Fresh Foods’ flyers that go directly to my recycling bin. The actual catalogue contents is great. The future releases list is less extensive than before but that’s probably just a space thing. I hope they offer the class 37 in both early BR Green livery, Blue or Big logo Blue from launch as well as other options. It’s a staple of anything from mid 60’s to present day. 
Track geometry schematic and trcak plan ideas really good move. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Irishmail said:

I would often highlight items on the price list that I would like or want.

4 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

one to indicate WOULD LIKE

Ideal for leaving around come birthday or Christmas so you don't get any more socks. 😎 Still, I find ordering my own presents if the way forward.

5 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Hornby Magazine, £6 and it’s 2/3rds adverts. I remember why I stopped buying magazines 

I subscribed to Railway Modeller and that was just the same. So i cancelled it. It did have some great layouts at the back.

I’ve got a number of Hornby catalogues from the 1960s right up to the 2010s. I never look at the recent ones but browse the ones from my childhood every now and then. Particularly the prices!

Disappointing to see typos in the new TT120 catalogue. Never remember that in the 1970s

Edited by BritInVanCA

2 hours ago, GMD said:

I’m intrigued by the added layout “pods”. Is this something g they have done before?

IMG_4697.thumb.jpeg.09ef5dbd49bd89486ab6ef80229462c8.jpeg

Mod edit: message sent to retry. R-

IMG_4697.jpeg.1ca9d7c30fd0e7391f54c2768811d103.jpeg

• Like 1

I took a diversion via my local WHSmith this evening to find they where still selling last months issue which annoyingly is marked as April so for a while I thought I'd been the victim of an RMWeb forum snatch squad hiding all the copies of the catalogue 😂 I may try again tomorrow.

• Like 1