Want a laugh - "Queen Elizabeth II Royal Remembrance Express Collection"

JJ73

Erm... "Queen Elizabeth II Royal Remembrance Express Collection" locomotive from the Bradford Exchange!

100% Plastic (Apart from the wheel - which has to be metal) it is even dcc ready!!! it is a real tat - check out Sam's Trains Review...

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€πŸš‚

It's the most hideous thing ever ..... and you have to get it in three issues ( 100 pounds each ). 1st issue gets you the front of the engine, 2nd issue gets you the tender and the 3rd issue gets you an equally horrid coach. You get the track and controller for "free".

I got conned by their promos, (and not able to get the purple train) but saw the light and after 2 months of delays, told them where they could put the train (an Aussie thing I think). They still kept trying to send it to me, but thankfully the credit card I gave them was hacked and thus cancelled and I would not give them the new one. I certainly dodged a bullet there.

• 3 weeks later...

Send it back Sam - your tender doesn't have gold painted wheels like the web page shows ο»Ώgrinningο»Ώ ο»Ώgrinningο»Ώ

Sadly the fools who buy this rubbish aren't the sort of folk who would know a "heirloom quality" model anyway.

Hi Topcat

The track system is a Walthers product. It is the 'power lock' system, developed by Life Like. When Life Like went out of business, Walthers absorbed that product line.

Although Sam had trouble with the system, quite a few note the high reliability and better than rail joiner conductivity of power lock, on a long term basis.

No personal experience with it, but thought to clarify.

Bee