What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

I thought it might be a nice idea to start a thread for everyone to post about what TT120 goodies they received

Today I received a splendid Falcon with custom whistle and Cab arrangement, lit Pullman brake coach, MK1 Maroon coach and 25 yards of Peco flextrack

Also put up 18 shelf brackets today, tomorrow buying the ply for the high level layout so I can start laying and playing around with track plans - hopefully will have Falcon and Blink Bonnie running on it by the weekendthumbsup

Yesterday (Tuesday) received A4 Falcon which at the moment has the defects but these will be rectified. Today hopefully will be my Easterner set along with the 3 X mk1's that were recently released. Last week I received the first 2 mk1's that were released.

Gathering items needed to build a section of the Waverley line. 😊

Well this arrived 😳 and it’s incredible, slow speed running is mind blowing. If I have time from a very busy shunting schedule I may put a YT video up ohhh and it’s sound fitted 😁 if this doesn’t make you get the HM7000 sound decoders for all the Hornby locos, I don’t know what will. Quite a lot of fiddly details to be self fitted, would be nice if it was already done like most of the Hornby detail but can’t fault it. On the flip side it’s cost more than everything I have bought and pre ordered from Hornby so far 😳😳😳forum_image_63f661b555ac7.thumb.png.9e49e1e57f7c1914b2252628f3f56167.png

Another day another delivery… I have decided food is a non essential luxury… trains are however, essential…

MK 1 BSK arrived, not the composite (BCK) as it’s listed in the catalogue or in on line shop, which is better as in reality 1st class was never a big portion of seating. Something I have noticed is that the couplings on are way better than the Arnold vans I bought,

And I may also have bought some cars… 2 Morris Minor vans, 2 Land Rovers and a GWR Scammell mechanical horse. They are so much better than the photos! As Oxford DieCast have said nothing new in TT120 for near future, I doubled up and the paint will be coming out, a GPO Minor van and GPO wireless LandRover to service the planned transmitter to go on Telegraph Hill. I would have bought a Scarab if one was on the way so Mech Horse will have to be one redeployed from WR and repainted… they all need weathering too!

Falcon and Night Hawk arrived today.

Falcon superb.

Unfortunately could not say the same for poor old Night Hawk looked great on opening box but lifting out the blister pack revealed one footstep and one bogie wheel lying in bottom of the box! Thats not all the front buffer beam had fallen off and was loose inside the blister pack.

Contacted technical services and loco returned for repair replacement.

I received my Blink Bonnie back from Hornby RE problem with cutting power on clockwise curves, said they had adjusted the pickup contacts, runs ok. Set up my track, still the same problem!!! Dug out an ancient controller from an old set now runs always without shorting, seems the problem is the controller from the set is too sensitive.?

From what I've read elsewhere the basic controller with these sets seems to be considered a bit weak or sometimes flaky, so it could be the loco is drawing more current on the curves than your particular example of the controller can handle. Mine seems ok.

If you have a multimeter maybe check the current draw and see if it increases significantly on curves? I wouldn't expect the loco to draw much, at a guess maybe 200mA running light and a bit more with a heavy train? (I've not yet measured mine, but with my N gauge models I usually expect 100-150mA except for some very old locos which run at 300mA+)

Not today, but yesterday, I received the Pullman brake coach and some buffer stops.

All fine.

But regarding front trucks, my 00 S15, bought from a very reliable dealer had loose wheels when the brand new box was opened, and the dealer mended them for me before payment. But they had dropped off again before I got the loco back home, only 25 miles away.

it seems to me that Hornby is not a company to be trusted on quality control. If you buy things costing upwards of £100 from other companies in other fields - Makita for instance - you get a little slip identifying the individual who checked the item before despatch. No such checks from Hornby, apparently - the stuff is ‘just off the boat’.

Today I received 200 sitting little people and 100 standing, I only ordered 100 of each mind.

But they are supposed to be painted, and maybe half are not and the other half are half painted flushed

And some ballast, which now is not quite needed yet, as I also gained a headache and bad mood as my servo controller died again ... near completing the last fine adjustments .... further delaying track painting and ballasting again sob

These were from china, they are about 1:100 (which is what they were listed as) and vary in size with some kids in the mix.

the tallest looks to be around 18mm so overscale but hopefully wont look too out of place.

The servo controller issue, IDK, they usually have a good rep, so I am guessing its my luck thats poor ! last time it blew a diode, I suspect its the same this time, I have asked for a replacement board rather than a repair this time.