2024 Range Announcement - 9am 2nd April

Here's a thought with regard to possible 0-6-0Ts in TT120. All of the types being suggested have been modelled in N to current standards (and all except the "Terrier" to previous standards), and:

• Dapol have re-run the 57xx/8750 pannier tanks almost every year since they were first introduced, and they have never appeared in the bargain bins;
  • They have re-run the Terrier several times since it was first introduced, though less often than the panniers, and they've never appeared in the bargain bins either;
  • Farish have re-run the "Jinty" just once, and it never appeared in the bargain bins either;
  • The EFE Rail J94 introduced last autumn for £129.95 RRP, has been reduced to £69.95 for all the industrial and LNER versions, BR versions are £99.95, all at Rails of Sheffield.

The J94 was made by Farish in Poole days, it has been re-run by Bachmann though the last were done 16 years ago.

8 hours ago, Martin-369195 said:

And Sam's Trains will say TT:120 is DOOMED...

Rumour has it he’s already got the video recorded and ready to publish on the 2nd… 😂

• Haha 3

I don’t know re Sam. Yes, his last piece re TT was over the top in its implied negativity, but the reviews themselves have been quite fair I feel. If he reviews an HST soon (and I hope he will) I would love to see him give it a good score and put him back on track. 

3 hours ago, John-L said:

Rumour has it he’s already got the video recorded and ready to publish on the 2nd… 😂

some say...  He only knows two facts about TT:120 and both of them are wrong, and Locomotion Motion is his identical twin who is only 3ft tall....

Seriously I hope he covers the announcement better and with more impartiality than his last TT video. Up till then I found his videos quite informative.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Skelton Junction said:

All of the 50’ and 57’ coaches now showing as in stock too 

Even resetting the filters a couple of times the maroon 57' coaches still say pre order when you open the item up individually, all the blood and custards and two parcels still say pre order on the standard page.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, StuLarge said:

Both of the Bundles have gone too.

They were a bit of an anachronism. They served their purpose (I got the Scotsman bundle) but they had both been out of stock for a long while with the lack of pullmans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

With filter set to show only in stock items even the Mk3's are all there now, blue and grey as well as GW but still say pre order when opening up so fairly imminent I guess.

I’m not sure. It seems to be a glitch as quite a few models show like that but the actual metadata shows arrival months away.

I hope I’m wrong though. I often am!

3 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

I’m not sure. It seems to be a glitch as quite a few models show like that but the actual metadata shows arrival months away.

I hope I’m wrong though. I often am!

Easter hiccup. What did the metadata say about the parcels one this is supposedly in stock?

• Like 1

That actually does show data that says it’s in stock. At least one of the Mk3s is still showing Summer 2024 when you click through from the listings. When I looked at the Easterner set yesterday they were both apparently 6 months away. 

Edited by Moccasin

10 hours ago, GMD said:

I don’t know re Sam. Yes, his last piece re TT was over the top in its implied negativity, but the reviews themselves have been quite fair I feel. If he reviews an HST soon (and I hope he will) I would love to see him give it a good score and put him back on track. 

Don't you mean the carpet?  🙂  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, PeterM67 said:

I suspect the current pullman coaches have long been discontinued however they where left in the shop to make it look busy. With Tuesday being the announcement day they are being removed to make way for their replacements.

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty confident about new Pullmans being announce. Pretty soon, they'll be two distinct sets with Pullmans. Both the Scotsman and the British Pullman set will feature the railway classics. In order to create full trains, we'll need some new Pullmans released. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the names they choose! 

I hope the stock glitch settles down. The “in stock” filter is a good way of checking for new arrivals but is broken at the moment.

Did the Scotsman set always have different coach names to the individual ones in the store?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

I hope the stock glitch settles down. The “in stock” filter is a good way of checking for new arrivals but is broken at the moment.

Did the Scotsman set always have different coach names to the individual ones in the store?

I'm thinking this is some last-minute turbulence as they're getting the website sorted ahead of the launch. A lot of webpages are ready to go live on Tuesday! 

Yeah, they were always differently named. It let early TT buyers make complete trains. An option that will hopefully be restored in a few days!

1 minute ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

I'm thinking this is some last-minute turbulence as they're getting the website sorted ahead of the launch. A lot of webpages are ready to go live on Tuesday! 

Yeah, they were always differently named. It let early TT buyers make complete trains. An option that will hopefully be restored in a few days!

Yes I think there’s a lot of activity been going on as evidenced by the momentary lapse of reason new sets being displayed a few days ago.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2024 at 15:04, GMD said:

It’s a pretty complementary review to be honest.

Presumably the TT120 Club magazine will be published online next week, or soon after. If, as I was told by Hornby, a catalogue of some form is printed with Hornby Magazine (though there’s no mention that I can see in the current edition), I assume that this will be available online on the Hornby website too. Not sure if the digital subscription version of HM will include the catalogue, I find such supplements often don’t appear. 

I’ll be getting a hard copy partly as it’s nice to have the catalogue in print form, but also to help to demonstrate to publishers that there’s interest (and commercial benefit to them) in producing TT120 content. 

Edited by Moccasin
Clarity, schmarity