2024 Range Announcement - 9am 2nd April

27 minutes ago, John-L said:

I think it’s safe to say the TT A2 market is saturated for now.  They seem to have shifted several thousand of them over the past 18 months. 🙂

Indeed although for a new entrant it's currently the only way in unless they want to go the DIY route. It'll be interesting if tomorrow brings some new options and if so does that effectively stall the market for Scotsman sets!

1 hour ago, John-L said:

I think it’s safe to say the TT A2 market is saturated for now.  They seem to have shifted several thousand of them over the past 18 months. 🙂

They haven’t even started on A2! 

1 hour ago, Too Tall said:

Hornby failed with the Eau tDe Chuff April fool e-mail ... it arrived in my inbox at 19.:03 🤪

Saw it on YT this morning but maybe it’s not such a spoof, how long ago did people disbelieve Idea of sound? smell is the next big thing 👍

Edited by Rallymatt
  • Haha 1

Today’s the day! I actually dreamt of model railways last night, it feels like forever since they announced the date for this reveal day. Not expecting too much just one or maybe two surprises please 🙏 

9 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

Saw it on YT this morning but maybe it’s not such a spoof, how long ago did people disbelieve Idea of sound? smell is the next big thing 👍

You can buy candles with steam locomotive smells! 😉

I can't believe I'm getting ready to watch this!

I've no TT or interest in getting any but there is so much enthusiasm out there I feel I should join in just to see what its all about. I don't really remember this much fuss previously since I started following forums and FB. Odd thing is though, had UK outline TT been available 35 years ago I would have been straight there. Once I knew that OO and British N were wrong I went to European and then US HO, and have now returned with limited activity in British HO.

Hope you guys all get what you want, and maybe there will be a chassis  can use for an HOm Spanish industrial! 😎

• Like 2

That’s quite a compliment from @ellocoloco 😁 and just underpins how much interest and enthusiasm there is on the whole for TT:120. I’d quite like to see the scale adopted across all the other Hornby Brands so we can have a truly universal approach to the hobby, I doubt that will be announced today though 🤣

• Like 3

Just now, Rallymatt said:

That’s quite a compliment from @ellocoloco 😁 and just underpins how much interest and enthusiasm there is on the whole for TT:120. I’d quite like to see the scale adopted across all the other Hornby Brands so we can have a truly universal approach to the hobby, I doubt that will be announced today though 🤣

I don’t doubt though that other brand managers are thinking how they can tap into the enthusiasm. Hopefully Simon K will be watching too like a proud parent!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Showing your age lol … is there a restaurant a few minutes from this venue as well 😝 I will be watching on catch up as at work 

Actually Pearl & Dean are still going and can be heard in some cinemas. Just heading around the corner for a curry..

• Haha 1

Re signals - I’m surprised that they are pushing this with Peco in the mix too. At MRS Peco rep said they were already in production with them. Perhaps Hornby simply feel that you can’t have a range without offering your own signals. Fair enough if so!