2024 Range Announcement - 9am 2nd April

Less than a day away from speculation turning into debate on the merit of Hornby’s decisions!

The announcement is thankfully too early for any associated drinking games (!) but maybe there’s a possibility of TT120 bingo …

• Haha 1

Looking forward seeing what is announced/confirmed.  Hoping for pre-orders and dates for the Class 37 and the GWR Tank engine.  Also hoping for blue and grey MK1s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peachy said:

I’m just praying that haven’t dropped the Gresley Teaks

I didn't even know they had mentioned them yet ! That would be a welcome addition but realistically I don't think this year given the other goodies that we know are  in the pipeline. I would love to be proven wrong though 😁

10 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

I didn't even know they had mentioned them yet ! That would be a welcome addition but realistically I don't think this year given the other goodies that we know are  in the pipeline. I would love to be proven wrong though 😁

3d prints of them were seen in Glasgow 2023.

There are mentioned in the original catalogue.

• Like 1

Would anyone know if there will be an updated PDF and/or printed catalogue?   I have seen various comments over various forums of one with hornby magazine,  but as I don't get that ( Preferring RM)  wondered if a printed one would be available.

11 minutes ago, Irishmail said:

Would anyone know if there will be an updated PDF and/or printed catalogue?   I have seen various comments over various forums of one with hornby magazine,  but as I don't get that ( Preferring RM)  wondered if a printed one would be available.

We don’t know for sure, but when TT first launched there was a commitment that the PDF copy of the catalogue would be available for free in perpetuity. It was actually listed as one of the advantages of choosing TT. So far, they’ve kept that commitment and we’re on the catalogue’s 4th iteration.

It’s no guarantee, but I strongly suspect we will get a new one tomorrow. 

Edited by Generic Hornby Username
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

We don’t know for sure, but when TT first launched there was a commitment that the PDF copy of the catalogue would be available for free in perpetuity. It was actually listed as one of the advantages of choosing TT. So far, they’ve kept that commitment and we’re on the catalogue’s 4th iteration.

It’s no guarantee, but I strongly suspect we will get a new one tomorrow. 

I think I have only the second edition lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hobby1707822967 said:

I'm sure someone said the catalogue is due 4 April?

There was something about a thing (supplement/catalogue etc) coming with the next Hornby Magazine, which should be due on the 4th. 🤞🏼

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peachy said:

I’m just praying that haven’t dropped the Gresley Teaks

Perhaps the current Scotsman set will be dropped and replaced with one using Greasleys?  That would explain the new set with Blue A4 and Pullmans?

• Like 1

Well, we will soon see what hard work from behind the scenes can be shared. Overnight success is always lots of days and nights of hard slog no one notices until it becomes the headline news 😁

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Hobby1707822967 said:

I'm sure someone said the catalogue is due 4 April?

That’s what I was told by Martyn Weaver at Hornby at Model Rail Scotland. In fact he implied that the choice of 2nd April was linked to publication date for the magazine and could not be moved. Possibly that means the magazine includes details within its main body and magazine distribution means that it could be in shops on the Wednesday, so could not go back any further. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, John-L said:

Perhaps the current Scotsman set will be dropped and replaced with one using Greasleys?  That would explain the new set with Blue A4 and Pullmans?

There's a lot of Scotsman sets in stock - especially the DC version which has over 1000 sets available so if it where dropped we would not know about it for sometime. Of course that could have been their intention - discontinue it but with sufficient stock that there is variety for anyone wanting a train set.

1 minute ago, PeterM67 said:

There's a lot of Scotsman sets in stock - especially the DC version which has over 1000 sets available

I think it’s safe to say the TT A2 market is saturated for now.  They seem to have shifted several thousand of them over the past 18 months. 🙂

• Like 2