Accurascale Goes TT

Renoir

I think this could be a very unsubtle hint, it’s their development team as TT:120 scale figures…. I really hope they join the party as they make some cracking models and are proper enthusiasts as well. Bizarrely it will boost the scale for Hornby too. I hope the accountants are ready to release more funds for TT:120 development at Hornby, they don’t want to get caught snoozing 😁

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yes, I wondered if the figures were Accurascale personnel 😊  Agree, I have a few of their wagons and they are not only very good but also good value in the three item sets. Accurascale was the manufacturer I was hoping would "get on board" with TT:120 . I'm wondering if it's worth ordering the figures just to make the point that the TT:120 community are eager for them to proceed? I wonder if Peachy and Mac have made contact with Richard at Accurascale yet?

Edited by Renoir
Additional content

I know Peachy was pressing them. Looks like a definite hint I’d say! I raised it with them at MRS too but they were understandably tight lipped. 

• Like 1

As I have been looking into 00 stuff, I have been looking at what they have done with envy.

DCC sound equipped locos with built in stay alive's and very well detailed locos, A TT120 loco from them with those features is going to be a gem 😃

• Like 2

To be honest I hope they release wagons to compliment the Class 50 and the Class 37.  Ballast wagons would provide a different angle, and maybe longer wheel base vans. Something entirely different to compliment Hornby's range, something for the diesel modellers would be good.

Imagine if Heljan decided to rethink their position.

From this forum (granted a silo of interested people) I hope all manufacturers can see the demand and interest, and that the variety asked for (which you could say with the recent words regarding release phases and announcements) has out stripped Hornby's capacity to supply.

I for instance there is the entire Southern Region of Railways across all Era's a manufacturer could go for without treading on any Hornby toes.

(Feels like I should end this with a tag line of some kind)

"The future's bright, the future's 120"

Edited by StuLarge
SpaG
  • Like 1

Hmm… If Accurascale does start making rolling stock, I imagine they’d start with some of their wagons. Still early to say though. 

I did appreciate this bit of humor:

Warning: Figures are not guaranteed to begin producing 1:14400th models for your layout.

🤣

Revolution is the one I’m really excited for. Their wagons are great. I’m worried with all these high quality wagons coming out, I might end up buying a Class 66… 

• Like 1

It could be an April fool, but the fact they’ve released research team figures would seem to point to a ‘watch this space’ in terms of TT?  It would definitely be good to have some of those modern image wagons, and at least a few of their OO/N range are suitable for European modellers?  So perhaps they plan to test the water with one of those?

• Like 1

I have been as delighted with Accurascale’s oo Chaldrons, as I have with Hornby’s TT:120 wagons (they are both similarly tiny & with incredible levels of detail.)  I’m certain that any Accura-involvement in TT:120 could only be a positive.  I too have ordered a set to support/encourage further participation.

3 hours ago, John-L said:

It could be an April fool, but the fact they’ve released research team figures would seem to point to a ‘watch this space’ in terms of TT?  It would definitely be good to have some of those modern image wagons, and at least a few of their OO/N range are suitable for European modellers?  So perhaps they plan to test the water with one of those?

That’s a good point! It also explains the warning about the research team not suddenly building (TT)^2 models. That’s what the real life people these figures are based on might be doing! 

Can you imagine all the people who dismissed TT realizing Accurascale is getting into the market? Some people LOVE Accurascale. Many of those types of people were the ones most vehemently opposed to TT:120. Suddenly, they would have to choose between hating TT and loving Accurascale! 🤣

Many of Accurascale’s OO classic models have already been announced in TT (37, 47, 31, 50, 66). But I’d be happy to buy a TT:120 Class 55! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

That’s a good point! It also explains the warning about the research team not suddenly building (TT)^2 models. That’s what the real life people these figures are based on might be doing! 

Can you imagine all the people who dismissed TT realizing Accurascale is getting into the market? Some people LOVE Accurascale. Many of those types of people were the ones most vehemently opposed to TT:120. Suddenly, they would have to choose between hating TT and loving Accurascale! 🤣

Many of Accurascale’s OO classic models have already been announced in TT (37, 47, 31, 50, 66). But I’d be happy to buy a TT:120 Class 55! 

Class 55 Deltic would make a lot of sense. Hornby have produced the ECML traction either side, so Deltics would go well with the A3/A4 and the early blue/grey HST. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Now that’s a model I want 

Me too!  This would make excellent sense for accurascale and the scale as a whole.  
It doesn’t look like Hornby will produce one anytime soon.

I might send them a message.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moccasin said:

Class 55 Deltic would make a lot of sense. Hornby have produced the ECML traction either side, so Deltics would go well with the A3/A4 and the early blue/grey HST. 

Agreed! And suitable rolling stock for the early Deltics are already in the pipeline. They hauled Mk 1s and Pullmans throughout the 1960s. Eventually, they would switch out those coaches in favor of the Mk 2as. We don't have those, but towards the end of their service life they would haul air-conditioned Mk 2s like the Mk 2e that Hornby is developing. I also wouldn't be surprised if Hornby has a Mk 2d in the pipeline, which would also be great for the late Class 55s...

I would buy it, so long as I could fit the HM 7000 decoder in it. I know it might sound silly, but I'm not interested in buying a whole DCC system to just control a single locomotive.