What is everyone doing this weekend with their model railways?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've enjoyed this thread, perhaps we can make this a regular thing. With the new picture feature people can show off their accomplishments. I'd be more than happy to show off a patch of hydraulic cement in the corner of our basement, maybe next week I can show pictures of some angry squirrels searching for a new home!

I've enjoyed this thread, perhaps we can make this a regular thing. With the new picture feature people can show off their accomplishments. I'd be more than happy to show off a patch of hydraulic cement in the corner of our basement, maybe next week I can show pictures of some angry squirrels searching for a new home!

I think we need to make sure on this forum it is railway related or we will get a smack from Admin. So I recommend - avoid squirrels.

fairly productive weekend for me. rearranged the poitnwork in the goods yard of my railway so that more shunting can take place without having to encroach onto the main running lines, then looked at a couple of other changes to the arrnagement to make it more realistic to operate. ordered some more points and such like. relaid the track onto the fiddle yard lift out section and glued the tracks on either side of the join down, much better crossover now.

had rifle out, did a bit of shooting on saturday, also had intentions to change the anti roll bar pushrods on the C2, but didnt get round to it. wish the snow had come earlier than I would have been prompted to get the Discovery out during the weekend, then I wouldnt have found the flat tyre this morning when i wanted it for work lol.

went out singing on Friday night, didnt enjoy it, owing to garbage sound system, and stuck up audience.

thats about it really. Paul.

I had a play yesterday with the loco CV settings. I now have a stable of 7 small GWR locos that run at different speeds and acceleration. In particular I had a 2nd hand Bachman 2-6-2 which came fitted with a Digitrax decoder. It used to start off like a greyhound out of the traps!- sorted now .

I also installed some rear lamp LEDs into 3 guard  vans, can't quite get the pickups right so lamp flickers when on the move - need to try and find some proper springy copper strip - anyone know where I can get some?

I had a play yesterday with the loco CV settings. I now have a stable of 7 small GWR locos that run at different speeds and acceleration. In particular I had a 2nd hand Bachman 2-6-2 which came fitted with a Digitrax decoder. It used to start off like a greyhound out of the traps!- sorted now .

I also installed some rear lamp LEDs into 3 guard  vans, can't quite get the pickups right so lamp flickers when on the move - need to try and find some proper springy copper strip - anyone know where I can get some?

Hi, do a search on Ebay for phosphor bronze strip(s).

I think we need to make sure on this forum it is railway related or we will get a smack from Admin. So I recommend - avoid squirrels.

I think we only get the smack if we go off topic, solution, include squirrels in the topic title.  Maybe not.

Hi, do a search on Ebay for phosphor bronze strip(s).

You Sir, are a STAR!

Yesterday was the first time I logged into the forum, wrote an article about 1960 Brighton Belle, its great to hear other peoples views. Just read through this "Whats everyone doing this weekend"  its brilliant, I love the banter, made me laugh. I just finished making curtains for Brighton Belle and waiting for my seated people to come from china all 240 of em. Looking at ways to bridge the gap between cars, see if I can adapt Roger Keens connectors, as I have them on all my other Pullman cars

What is everyone doing this weekend with their model railways?

I've got two Hornby 1970's made R.866S B12's to restore, a Lima class 09 to rebuild and a pile of empty Tri-ang and Hornby boxes to burn. Should could keep me busy.

Just make sure they all have one of Graskie's hats on, pulled well down, and you'll never notice.

Fishy, I don't really, but rarely, wear a hat. Being blessed with a virtually full head of hair at my advanced age doesn't really call for one. It's one of the few parts of me that hasn't dropped off, gone off, or fallen off, yet.

"He was liked, though. Did you notice his full head of hair? It was the last thing he lost...in the fiery furnace."

I might or might not do more or less on my railway than I did last weekend. (Just to keep me on thread).

Not playing but going to Southampton MRE at Eastleigh on Sunday and hopefully meeting Postman Prat and Bulleidboy. Looking forward to it.  Bet they make me spend some money.  

It's ok WTD. I'll save you from yourself. I do recall you said on this very forum, only a few weeks ago, that you were going to buy the Double-Tender Bittern at Eastleigh. I'll try to stop you!!!

Have already repaired another Hornby decoder (one where most of the wires had come off after removing from a DCCr and replacing it with a plug-in type) may hardwire a Class 14xx.

Will give my Thomas' new traction tyres a poke to see if I can make them sit flatter so that the rear driving wheels make decent contact.

Still sorting under the layout! Im splitting all the kits and buildings I've set aside for my layout into different boxes according to which baseboard they are to be used on.  That way I hope I'll be able to find things without having to go through several boxes!

Also having cleared most of the "quarry" baseboard off I have painted around two thirds grey undercoad ready for the scenery so once thats dry I'll probably paint some of the other remaing bits of unpainted plaster of paris bandage (mod-roc). I would have done more but I just had to test the 009 and to my supprise it all worked eventhough it had been burried under boxes for over a year!

To my amaxemant my Hornby/Dapol gunpowder van went through the 009 tunnel on the back of a transporter wagon with only a slight clunk so I could deliver explosives to my quarry without transhipment. The only thing is would any 1:76th railway worker in their right mind put a loaded standard gauge GPV on the back of a 009 wagon and let it wobble its way through a built-up area along a roadside tramway!

Archived